2nd Annual Reeling for Recovery Ice Fishing Derby
On the Great Chazy Lake and Chateaugay
Saturday, February 29, 2020
Clinton County, NY
Reeling For Recovery Rules and Regulations
1. The contest is limited to 1000 Adult Anglers and 200 Child Anglers on a first-come, first-served basis.
2. All fishing is to take place ONLY on the Great Chazy Lake and both Chateaugay bodies of water.
3.Contestants may fish anywhere on either Lake.
4.Contest runs from 5:00am to 3:30pm on Saturday, February 29th, 2019. Contestants may be on the ice, holes drilled and cleaned, but there are no tip-ups allowed in the water prior to 5:00am
5.All New York State DEC laws apply.
6.You will be issued a tag after registration that MUST be worn on the day of the contest. Anyone fishing without a tag will be disqualified. If someone without a tag is fishing in a group, the entire group can be disqualified. There can be as many people in your group as you want who are not participating in the contest as long as they are not fishing. Those not fishing may bring in a contestant’s fish to the weigh-in station for entry.
7.Only one entry per registrant’s name is allowed. You may purchase multiple tags for multiple people, but each entry form MUST have an exclusive name to it.
8.Tag can be picked up at participating retail locations when you sign up for the contest cash or check ONLY. Any tags not picked up will be brought to the Legion in Lyon Mountain. If you mail your registration form in, we will mail it back to you with all tags submitted in an orderly fashion. If you are mailing in your registration form, we ask you do this up until January 31, 2020 to ensure it gets back to you in time. We will be set up on Friday night at the Legion from 4pm to 10pm for anyone looking to make any late entries or ask questions. Please do not lose your tags as they cannot be replaced. There will be tags available on the day of the contest if you have an extenuating circumstance. The event committee is not responsible for tags that are picked up by someone other than the contestant assigned to tag.
9.Once you receive your tag you are registered to fish in the Reeling for Recovery event. There will be no need to check-in or register the morning/day of the contest. There is NO transferring of tags.
10.There will be two weigh stations for the contest; one in front of state boat launch on the Chazy Lake and one on the on Chateaugay Lake between Split Rock Point and Bluff Point. Please direct your attention to signal flares at the start of event.
11.All fishing must be done in the open view of officials or contestants will be disqualified. Contestants can be in an ice shanty but are not allowed to spear fish.
12.There will be official clocks at both weigh stations that can be viewed by everyone. All start times and end times and hourly changes will go by those clocks with no exceptions. You must be at either weigh station with fish no later than 3:30pm and zero seconds to qualify. PLEASE SYNCHRONIZE YOUR WATCHES TO THESE CLOCKS.
13.A total of seven (7) lines are allowed per each person with a contest tag; any seven (7) line combination of jig poles and tip-ups is allowed.
14.All fish must be weighed in on the official scales at weigh stations by event officials. In the event of a tie in weight and length, the first fish entered will win. NO DEAD LAKE TROUT WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR ENTRY. PIKE/PERCH CAN BE BROUGHT IN ANY CONDITION
15.All fish entered become the property of the event officials who can/will release the fish back into the Great Chazy/Chateaugay Lake. The top three fish in each adult category and two fish from each kid’s category will be displayed at the Legion weigh in station available to be picked up or release at the end of the event.
16.Fish may not be held for entry in another contest. When fish is caught, it must either be entered for that hour or released immediately back into the lake.
17.There will be cash in prizes per category awarded: $400 1st prize; $200 2nd prize; $100 3rd prize for adults. Kids will have their own category which includes cash and prizes for $60 1st and $50 2nd place. All numbers above are based on sold out tournament.
19.Cash prizes and promotional prizes will be awarded at 5:00pm at Legion in Lyon Mountain. Door prizes will be awarded during the same time with a random drawing. Door prizes not picked up by 6:00pm will become the property of the event committee. At the event, there will be whiteboards at both weigh stations that will list several winners throughout the day (corresponding to tags.)
20.You must be present to win contest prizes (including for the Lunker prizes.) Identification may be required to claim prizes.
21.In the event that a prize is not awarded due to the lack of entries, money will be awarded as determined by event officials.
22.IN CASE THERE IS NO ICE ON THE GREAT CHAZY LAKE/CHATEAUGAY LAKE, all prizes will be given away at Legion at 12 noon on Saturday, February 29th, 2019 BY RANDOM DRAWING (contest tag numbers.)
24.Any unsportsmanlike conduct, as determined by the event officials, will be cause for disqualification. All winning entrants may be subject to a polygraph test before awarding of cash prizes. This includes littering. If you are caught littering you and/or your team will find themselves permanently banned from the contest.
24.Any unsportsmanlike conduct, as determined by the event officials, will be cause for disqualification. All winning entrants may be subject to a polygraph test before awarding of cash prizes.
25.The event committee reserves the right to revise contest rules as necessary.
26. In consideration for receiving permission to participate in the Reeling for Recovery Tournament and Events during February 29th 2019, I hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Reeling For Recovery, its officers, servants, agents and sponsors (hereinafter referred to as "releasees") from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or relating to any loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees, or otherwise, while participating in the tournament and events, or while in, on or upon the premises where the tournament and events are being conducted, while in transit to or from the premises, or in any place or places connected with the tournament and events.
27. I am fully aware of risks and hazards connected with being on the premises and participating in the tournament and events, and I am fully aware that there may be risks and hazards unknown to me connected with being on the premises and participating in the tournament and events, and I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in the tournament and events, to enter upon the tournament and events premises and engage in activities knowing that conditions may be hazardous, or may become hazardous or dangerous to me and my property. I voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage to property owned by me, as a result of my being a participant in the tournament and events, whether caused by the negligence of releasees or otherwise.
28. I further hereby agree to indemnify and save and hold harmless the releasees and each of them, from any loss, liability, damage or costs they may incur due to my participation in the tournament and events, whether caused by the negligence of any or all of the releasees, or otherwise.
29. It is my express intent that this Release shall bind the members of my family and spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a Release, Waiver, Discharge and Covenant Not to Sue the above named releasees.